991 Section 002
Space Sciences Seminar -- Fall Semester 2005
Information for Enrolled Students:
· Course Website: http://classweb.gmu.edu/kborne/csi991/
· Seminar Day/Time: Wednesday
· Seminar Location: Science & Technology I, room 206
· Course Instructors: Kirk Borne, Associate Professor, Astrophysics and Computational Science, and John Guillory, Sr. Contract Professor, SCS
· Office: K.Borne in David King Hall, Room 1014A. J.Guillory in S&T I, Room 107.
· Office Hours: By appointment
· Office Telephone with voice mail: 703-993-8402 (K.Borne). 703-671-8761 (J.Guillory)
· Mail box: SCS Office, Room 101, S&T I
First Week of Semester: In the first week of classes each semester, enrolled students will meet at the usual place and time with course instructors, for a Class Orientation Meeting: 3pm, Wednesday, August 31, 2005.
Grading: Up to a maximum of 100 points can be earned toward the final course grade:
Course Letter Grades:
1. to explore a variety of research areas in space science;
2. to become familiar with current topics, trends, and techniques in space science research;
3. to acquire knowledge in space science research that will enable the student to progress to their own research projects or to employment opportunities that require research capability.